For some people August 26th might be worse than Friday the 13th. Case in point, ponder the events in the life of Welsh coal miner David Wilson, born 1846:
* Aug. 26, 1857: Fractured the forefinger of his right hand.
* Aug. 26, 1859: Fell from horseback and broke his left leg below the knee.
* Aug. 26, 1860: Broke both bones of his left forearm.
* Aug. 26, 1861: Broke his left leg above the ankle.
* Aug. 26, 1862: Broke both legs, the right one so badly that it had to be amputated.
Seeing a pattern, he renounced doing any work on August 26, but in 1890 he forgot the date, went to work and broke his left leg for the fourth time.
Skip doing any work, I just wouldn't get out of bed. Just saying.
[Source: Futility Closet]